Once upon a time, on a world far, far away a planet’s inhabitants woke one Spring morning to find things had remarkably shifted for the better:
– Peace had been achieved. All inhabitants came to believe that loving others was the key to happiness.
– Men and women are no longer unfaithful to each other. Those in a committed love have chosen to be loyal and those in bad relationships moved on.
– Child abuse is over. A great epiphany arrived to show all adults that to hurt a child is to hurt the ‘child’ within every grown up more.
– Education has become highly important with healthy budgets shifted to teachers and schools. Less government spending on other things has done no harm.
– Business is done with honor and ethics. No longer is screwing someone for a buck thought of as a big win. People are judged by they character and not their bank accounts.
– The elderly are being seen for the wealth of knowledge and wisdom they have to share. Old people are shown respect and cared for as a great resource.
– Advertising is true and not misleading. The most principled companies are doing best and those making use of indecent practices are struggling and failing.
– The planet is being given great care and large effort is being made to heal damage already done. Nature is healing, slowly, but surely.
– Respect for all religious practices has been established. People are no longer judged by what he or she believes.
– There is no hunger. Seeing that everyone has enough to eat has become a priority. There is so much more peace now that no one is hungry.
– Honesty is respected and the ability to openly express emotions is valued Living a moral life that hurts no one else is now viewed as a far greater asset than a big bank account.
Today is the first of April or the day that is known as “April Fools Day”. There are a number of theories about the origination of “All Fools Day” but the one I prefer to believe goes back to Emperor Constantine in the third and fourth centuries A.D. As the story goes, jesters successfully petitioned the ruler to allow one of their elected members to be king for a day. So, on April first, Constantine handed over the reins of the Roman Empire for one day to King Kugel, his jester. Kugel decreed that the day forever would be a day of absurdity.
Knowing there is often great truth in jest, my list above is offered today. It’s absurd to think of the list as true for sure, yet every item is worth yearning for. Wouldn’t it be great if my little April Fools joke all came true?
I am grateful for an open mind, heart and soul that cares deeply for this planet, for other people and how we treat one another.
If every fool wore a crown,
we should all be kings.