Often a brevity of well-focused words breaks through to be more meaningful than thoughts expressed in a pile of language. So for the sake of time (which I am short of this morning) here are Seven Rules of Life by an anonymous writer that breach my habitual thinking.
1) Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
2) What others think of you is none of your business.
3) Time heals almost everything, give it time.
4) Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5) Stop thinking too much, it’s alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
6) No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7) Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.
I know not a single new thought exists on that list. Yet, keeping the ‘rules’ more present in mind will improve my walk through destiny. I am grateful for the reminders!
Life is short,
break the rules,
and never regret anything
that made you smile.
Twenty years from now
you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn’t do
than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.