Having focus and good intentions has proven to have significant effect on the quality of my life. When I walk into a day with specific things to try to do better, even managing to improve just a little gives a sense of satisfaction. Here on a Monday, with that in mind I go into my work-day with six little things to keep top of mind.
1. Be focused outwardly and actively observe the outside world I see during my morning and evening commute.
2. When I get to work, open up my office then walk around and say hello to everyone.
3. Take a ten minute break late morning and mid-afternoon. Get up from my desk and walk around.
4. Leave the office for lunch and eat something I like that is good for me.
5. Prioritize and do what needs to be done today. Then go home on time.
6. Try to listen a little more and talk a little less.
At the end of the day, it may be apparent that I did well at keeping all six top of mind in my behavior. Or my results may be small because I lose focus through the day. No matter. Good intention and even small successes at living better always lend a positive result. I am grateful for the inspiration to try.
If your daily life seems poor,
do not blame it;
tell yourself that
you are not poet enough
to call forth its riches;
for to the creator
there is no poverty
and no poor indifferent place.
Rainer Maria Rilke