I hear everything I think or say. Complete truth or fabrication I absorb every word. That’s why I have to be a little careful about what I say and think. My mind is always listening and always believes me. Like a child, my subconscious gets the literal meaning of it all and more often than not, tries to turn those words into reality.
All my inner dialogue is a stream of affirmations, whether positive or negative. That’s why positive reinforcement of myself works. I used to smirk at the suggestion saying affirmations consistently would, over time, positively affect my life. For some reason there was certainty in me that affirmations would not work. In spite of my disbelief, there was a point I was willing to try anything to get myself out of my deep, dark hole of self loathing. So most days I began reading affirmations softly off a printed page while intermittently watching the sun rise. It took a week or so, but I was shocked when they began to make a difference in my inner thinking. You can’t imagine how dumbfounded I was to find something I scoffed at really worked. Affirmations are still part of my everyday life today and help me shape myself more positively than I would be without them.
I have pages of affirmation, but often go on-line and search for new ones. Here are a few I came across today and chose to begin my day with:
- Good Morning Life! I am so grateful to be alive today.
- The sun is shining through my window and through my heart.
- Today my world is changing for the better.
- I enter today with an open mind and a calm presence.
- I am okay. I am breathing. I am alive. I am experiencing this moment.
- I release all worry, all thoughts of past and future. I am here, now.
- I am proud of myself.
- I radiate love and joy to all I meet.
- I am whole, complete and perfect just as I am, right where I am at.
- I am more than capable of bringing my dreams to life.
- I love me.
- I choose to be on my side. All of my thoughts are pointed toward positive intentions.
- Today is filled with opportunities. I trust my intuition to follow where the lead.
- I am grateful for today.
- I release all negativity that is blocking the truth of who I am.
Go ahead and make fun of affirmations. Disbelieve as I once did. See affirmations as some kind of new age mumbo jumbo. Miss out on the good they can do. Why shouldn’t you do like I once did? Why shouldn’t you do everything you can to keep your life just as difficult as it is? Why shouldn’t you keep on putting yourself down and not believing in the wonder that is you? You have every right to make your life just as miserable as you want.
My truest wish for you is that there comes a point where you get so sick of the way things are, you’ll decide to try healthy ways to make life better. That’s exactly how I found the power of affirmations and every day of my life I am grateful for that discovery.
Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is.